Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Genesis

So I just embarked on a new Scripture reading plan, and with that has come some opportunities to reflect on what I have read. Reading Genesis, I am simply filled with the sense that before me is ancient wisdom--- words from long ago, describing a world of long ago, and the wisdom trickles down as we listen with the ear of our heart today.
Upon first glance, there are those experiences of: "Aha, I forgot about that!" as well as incidents where I wonder: "What is really going on?" as the text seems to make quick transitions to my contemporary perspective. These things have been duly noted, but probably what strikes me the most right now is the simple powerful message of God coming down to earth to speak to people. We don't always get the sense that these people are amazing. However, in the case of Noah, he seems to stand in opposition to the violent society around him. These people are striving to cultivate a righteousness... or they are walking with God. To Walk with God...

No comments:

Post a Comment