Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

What makes a Desirable Life?

A process reflection for the 4th of July entitled "love to all"

Today, I ask: What makes a desirable life? Is it the life of the movies or the life of cultural conditioning-- earning all the laurels and money to make one comfortable?


I am a consequence of my education, and that education taught me that there is something of lasting value in standing with the poor-- To live a life of grace and laughter versus Sisyphusian Achievement.

Poverty has many faces... it is found on every continent: Some of its names are resentment, oppression, hatred, fear, talk that spurs division rather than community, etc.

As Mark Twain has written, however, "Courage is not the absence of fear. It is simply resistance to it."

I am a consequence of my faith. And Christ stood with people, stood beside people, and risked all for people. How to live in honor of that?

What makes a life desirable? Perhaps being close with those one loves. Being able to share freely of one's heart and mind and soul. And more so, risking, giving, sharing, caring for all: Faith. Grace. Peace. Love. What makes a desirable life? LOVE. love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment