Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Genesis

In the beginning, God created, and it was called Genesis. I have often enjoyed the uniqueness of this term: Genesis. What does it mean? Is there any reason why, for instance, the term shares so much in common with other similarly unique and even captivating words, words like genetics, genome, generate, gentle..... Perhaps the last word was a stretch, but my question is: What new beginning have you been entertaining recently? What new beginning have you already experienced and dip into and live out of today? What is... in actuality.... the meaning of the genesis of this blog.

This is a place I have created for myself and by extension you (my community) to peruse, examine, and delight in my writings. I will share sermons, spontaneous wonderings, poetry, and biographic accounts here. Perhaps there will be a greater meaning? Perhaps I will use the space as a kartharic realm in which to divulge my hopes, my fears, and my important epiphanies. Whatever this becomes, I am grateful that you have come. Without you, seriously, there would have been no reason for genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment