Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lucky

I think I was lucky. Lucky to be part of the family as they mourned the death of a woman who deeply touched their lives and the life of the surrounding community. I was lucky to be able to share the space of our chapel with them... the same chapel that she had so generously worked to refurbish. I was lucky to share lunch with my two friends; it was a lunch of true American favorites, comfort and good food: hamburgers, mac & cheese, and salad. And I was so tremendously lucky to be invited into their room, and to see the body of one who had just been but who was no longer. Strangely, responding to my fourteen year-old self, I was not afraid... I was simply touched by a profound beauty and lyrical mystery that if I could put the experience into words, my voice would fade out into a hymn, saying: "Holy, Holy, Holy.... Lord, God Almighty..." May your dear one rest and peace and her family find rest too. The one thing I cannot deny is my luckiness. I experienced my own JOY-LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment