Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Friday, March 19, 2010

Where our Feet have Trod...

"So Moses swore on that day, saying 'Surely the land where your foot has trodden shall be your inheritance and your children's forever, because you have wholly followed the Lord my God.'

These are the words recorded in Josuah 14:9, the words of Moses to Caleb. When I first read these words, I was taken back to a reflection I read by Frederick Buechner when I was in college... The thrust of the reflection was about our feet and how, if we want to know about our lives, we ought to consider where our feet have been. Obviously, this scripture above can lead us into a debate about land and whose land is whose as well as the question of inheritance. This night, as I read this Scripture however, I think about the real inheritance that is the gift of life we share with others. How will our path and the places where our feet trod be gifted with a kind longevity, a living HOPE, when we embody the Gospel in community?

This night I had a lovely dinner with Talitha, Alexis, and her friend. Tomorrow I will go with a few youth group members to Boreal Ski Resort.


Psalm 126
When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion, We were like those who dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
"The Lord has done great things for them."

The Lord has done great things for us, And we are glad.
Bring back our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the South.

Those who sow in tears
shall reap in joy.

He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
bringing his sheaves with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment