Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reflection at the End of the Day

It's funny how things that never hit you just suddenly hit you... and you're there feeling it. Today I had this experience. First of all, I have been stopping ** and realizing just how much I am doing in a day. The last three days it has felt almost like continuous motion. Strangely, I am not tired, almost amazed at how much I have managed to accomplish, and yet there is a large part of me that is aching to break out of the rhythm and just do something incredibly spontaneous and joyful-- like give out free hugs, go swimming in the lake, set down the "list."

Then, I felt again the sometimes ever-present emotion that says: Speak what you need. Tell what you need. Say what you feel...

Then, this: I was driving into San Anselmo and passed the Bon Air shopping plaza. I do this so often. This time, I noticed amidst the 10:30pm sky how the plaza was still lit with lights. Then I imagined many other places I have been where there would never be enough resources or reason to spend such money in such a way. And I felt a huge emotion rise: When we will be able to live more simply so that, as the famous line goes, others may simply love?!?!?

Today at youth group was amazing. I was deeply proud of the theological conversation our group had.

No comments:

Post a Comment