Welcome to my Blog!


This is a space where I share about my life, work, love, & passion. I am glad you have found your way here. Please come & return often. A blog begins with the words of an individual and makes sense in the context of community...

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pilate

As part of my Ignatian Prayer group, we are going through the experience of a deathwatch, praying as we watch Christ approach Good Friday. Last night I was reading John 18, and the famous line from Pilate: "What is truth?" emerged!

Then this morning, my exegesis assignment is to read John 19:2, 5, Mark 15:17, and Matthew 27:29, where the soldiers create the crown of thorns and place it on Jesus' head. Watching him die and all the misunderstanding that hovers around the experience breaks my heart. It penetrates my heart, and I am reminded of my own week of observing death here.... And with all these emotional penetrations, I am struck by the personal consciousness of great meaning in all of this for me.... This is a Lenten reflection, I suppose, if I have yet written one. But it is also the simple words of one longing to see with open eyes the wonder, the sorrow, and the festivity behind Lent. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment